We supply wholesale coffee to cafes, restaurants, hotels, pubs, workplaces and offices using an innovative zero-waste system. Each of our refillable tubs is designed to last 25 years before being recycled – saving 1,000 coffee bags from landfill per tub.
Our award-winning espresso blend is made up of 100% arabica coffee beans, with notes of cherry, chocolate and toffee. Our coffee is sustainably sourced and we roast every bean at our roastery in Northamptonshire.
We’re proactively working towards becoming a zero-waste coffee supplier. We’re proud to be the UK’s first coffee supplier to supply coffee beans to commercial customers in reusable tubs.
What is zero waste coffee?
Call us on 07444 942108 to place your order. We’ll deliver your zero waste coffee in a reusable tub.
- Simply remove the safety tag, twist open the lid and add the beans to your hopper.
- Keep the reusable tub safe and we’ll collect it, clean it and refill it.
- Order a freshly roasted refill and repeat!
Roast, refill, repeat
Each of our durable, food-safe tubs are guaranteed to last for 25 years, saving 1,000 bags from landfill over its lifetime. At the end of their life, the containers can be recycled as they’re made out of HDPE which is one of the easiest plastic polymers to recycle.
We agree single-use plastic is a big problem. However, when used responsibly, as with our coffee containers, plastic can be an excellent way of reducing waste. Here’s why:
- Our durable tubs are guaranteed to last for 25 years. That saves in excess of 1000 kilo bags from landfill – per tub!
- At the end of their life, the containers can be recycled. They’re made out of (HDPE High Density Poly Ethylene) which is one of the easiest plastic polymers to recycle.
- Plastic tubs are food safe meaning we don’t need to compromise on the quality of our coffee.
Our tubs are pressure tested meaning their seal releases the CO2 from the roasted beans.
Yes! Our pouches are made from at least 70% sugarcane (from waste from the sugarcane industry) and is in a jute colour that is easily recyclable (check with your council, you should just be able to pop it out with your plastic recycling – if not, most supermarkets have collection points). The labels are recyclable too.
Most other coffee bags are laminated or lined with foil. This keeps moisture and oxygen out meaning your coffee beans stay fresh. However, it also means the bags can’t be easily recycled or composted, but jute coffee bags are completely recyclable.
- We work with bio-bean and take commercially used grounds to be made into coffee logs.
- Our coffee is ethically sourced from small cooperatives
- We sponsor a beehive for every 500kg of coffee sold – a little thank you to coffee-pollinating bees for keeping us buzzing!
- We aim to operate a paper-free office to cut down on paper and printer inks. We have digital to-do lists, scan bills and receipts and send invoices and POs via email where possible.
- We reuse any packaging that we receive.
- We supply local zero waste, plastic-free shops.
- We sell reusable cups at events, helping customers to step away from using takeaway coffee cups.
Our barista training courses are run in a relaxed, informal way, with plenty of time for you to ask any questions. The sessions are fully hands-on and are designed to make sure you and your team feel confident about using your machine and grinder, making different kinds of coffee, including cappuccino, latte and flat white, steaming milk and creating latte art to bang out a technically superb drink.
Barista courses are free of charge for all of our wholesale customers, and are suitable for complete beginners and pros alike. Each participant will get the chance to make several drinks. Call us if you’d like to arrange a quick post-lockdown refresher, get new team members fully up-to-speed, or want to hone your latte art skills.
We’ll provide you with an easy-to-use, comprehensive barista training manual, too, so you have all the course content to hand covering how to:
- Set up your coffee grinder
- Set up and use your espresso coffee machine
- Create a consistently great espresso
- Steam and spin milk to perfection
- Make a cappuccino, flat white and latte
- Pour perfect latte art (heart and leaf)
- Clean and maintain your equipment
Of course, we make sure that all of our training sessions follow the latest government guidance in terms of Covid-19 safety.
We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch customer service, and provide free barista training and coffee consultancy on tap. We advise on, and supply, cafe equipment such as espresso machines and grinders, and include front end servicing as standard.
As well as our jute espresso blend and dark roast version, we also supply a range of single origin coffees from Honduras, Brazil, Ethiopia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea, along with our decaf coffee which is decaffeinated using the Swiss Water Process. This uses spring water and osmosis to produce a delicious, chemical solvent-free decaf.
We also supply a range of organic teas, a selection of syrups, as well as frappes, hot chocolate and barista accessories.
From menu development to equipment advice, and everything in between, we love talking coffee! If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you improve your customer experience, give us a call on 07444 942108.